Author Topic: Looking for an Integrated Amplifier  (Read 1606 times)

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
Looking for an Integrated Amplifier
« on: June 17, 2020, 02:59:39 PM »
Hey there,

A friend of mine recently contacted me and asked me to help him find an integrated amplifier for his basement bar.  Knowing him, and his speakers (CV VE-15) I think he is looking for something more toward the party end of the spectrum, but still with good sound quality.

Overall looking for a solid state high wattage integrated with Bluetooth capabilities for >$1000.00.   Does anyone have suggestions (new or used) that would fit the bill?  Thanks a bunch

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Looking for an Integrated Amplifier
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 03:45:24 PM »
Most of the current Yamaha integrateds don't have built in Bluetooth but there is an optional plug in that works with (I believe) the whole line.   Go have a look at Crutchfield.   Pretty good bang for the buck.

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 04:31:03 PM »
The Rotel A12 has 60wpc, phono, a dac and Bluetooth for $1000.

The Yamaha AS801, for about the same price and with similar features, has an available Bluetooth adapter
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline MATT0404

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 12:41:37 PM »
Yamaha A-S801 would be a good option.  I've had one before and thought highly of it.  Very capable onboard DAC, as well.  Check Accessories4Less for a good deal on a refurbished unit.

You may also check out the Parasound NewClassic200.  While I don't have personal experience with it, it seems to be getting high praise around the web.