Author Topic: Hello to you all  (Read 2621 times)

Offline 2252PP

• FNG !!!
Hello to you all
« on: June 10, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »
            Hi there. My name is Paul. 56 years old, I have been a music fan and equipment buff since I was about 8 years old. My dad had lots of neat equipment when I was a pup. I remember his (VERY) old Fisher receiver and Gerard turn table and Sony reel to reel he had from around 1972! After a few break ins at our house, he bought a Marantz 2230, another Gerard turntable and speakers that I cannot recall.
            After another round of break ins, he bought a Marantz 2252B, a Dual turntable (both of which I still have) and Bozak Speakers (All I remember is that they had REAL WALNUT furniture and 12" woofers) I am now trying to find pics of all the equipment I had, from my first Realistic amplifier all the way to my current Denon AV receiver. Glad to be hear. I hope I can both learn things as well as share my own knowledge.

Offline 2252PP

• FNG !!!
Re: Hello to you all
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 03:48:59 PM »
One more thing. I grew up in Stamford Connecticut. Does anyone remember the names of the stereo/electronics stores in town? I remember places like County TV and Tech HiFi (Fumi Muto!!) But there were others I'm sure. Pics of the stores, receipts etc. would be so cool to see!!

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Hello to you all
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 08:04:20 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!  Are you still in CT?  I lived in the Hartford area in the early 1990s and frequented the Stereo Shop on Farmington Ave.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77