Author Topic: what is the source for replacement transistors from japan for carver amps  (Read 4874 times)

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
so, i need to repair some tfm35 bias curcuits in three amps. i looked at some nte transistors as well as the ones from mouser. i was told the mouser ones are us made ones that really won't work as well as the original sourced ones that carver used. and that the nte ones at parts express were crap. what is the word here....thanks guys.

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
hey tom, what do you use at the shop and from were do they come from?

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
wow, thanks for all the responces. mcm has most of what i wanted from toshiba. good looking out right....... :-*

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Angelo,

Most of what I have has been following me around for about 10 years. OEM stuff is hard to find.  Give me some part numbers and I will see what I have.
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline angelod307

• FNG !!!
hey tom. from what i can gather, the 2sa1370 and the 2sa1015y. in one channel the voltage between them is 100v and 3.25 to ech side of 1370 going to 1015y. on the other channel, it only has .5 volt on each side. i would think that this is the reason i can't adjust the bias in one channel. one side stays around 4.5mv, while the other is around .23 volts(i may be off as my memory is not so good on this right now). anyway, i appreciate any help. thanks again.