Author Topic: REAL BEER  (Read 5966 times)

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
REAL BEER
« on: August 21, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »
My first real post on this site should be in an area where I have experience.
Many people are drunks, but less are quality drunks.

I discovered Real Beer while stationed in Germany some years back.  I returned to the States to find "Real Beer" was hard to find in SC.  About 25 years ago, I started making my own.  I studied hard, worked hard, and now consider the beer I make to be some of the best in the world, but do tend to only brew the weird these days.  Times changed, and these days you can find "Real Beer" in most markets.  To that end, just went down and dug out a bottle of Sierra IPA I saw some of you posting about earlier.

My beer system is kinda like my audio system.  I spend way too much money and time on it.  Audio kills my ears, beer kills my liver. 

Unlike some beer snobs, I prefer ALL my beer very cold. I find most new beer snobs will drink warm beer until they feel secure enough to speak out. To that end I have a dedicated beer cooler.  I got a large upright freezer, put in a thermostat, and keep my 'collection' at 30 degrees. I ran a tap through the door, and keep "session beer" on tap.  My favorite is Pilsner Urquell.

I don't care much for Wheat beer, and was happy with the new Spring offering from SA last year.  Here is a post on that from my blog.  http://yardcrap.typepad.com/yardcrap/2010/06/samuel-adams.html  I was surprised to get a comment from Samuel Adams.  (all comments are welcome on my blog - post if you have time)

OO

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: REAL BEER
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:07:22 PM »
I prefer ALL my beer very cold.
AMEN!!!!! Nothing like a cold , refreshing brew!!!!  8) 8) 8)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!