Author Topic: Opinions on Zu  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Toimaker

• FNG !!!
Opinions on Zu
« on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:12 PM »
Does anyone have any of the Zu Audio Speakers.  I am thinking about getting some with a little tube amp but I would like to get some opinions about them before I make the purchase.

Thanks

bmwr75

Re: Opinions on Zu
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »
Never heard'em.....but have read reviews where people either love them or hate them. 

Offline Toimaker

• FNG !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Yeah that's what I hear too. I want to fall into the love them category but we shall see.

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »
I bought some interconnects (Oxyfuel) and speaker wire (Wax) and have to say their quality on the cable side I feel was great.  Had an issue with the tip on one of my bannana connectors (the outer expanding tip had a piece break off) they sent me a new one without a hassle.  No questions as to if it was from abuse (300lb gorilla hanging from my speaker wire) or what.  Just sent my information and received a new one.

I've wanted to hear a set of them, but the closest dealer near hear is 2 1/2 hrs away.  (Plus, couldn't afford a set now even if I sold my soul! 8) ) Which set are you looking at?  I was somewhat liking the Druids (mostly because of cost), but the Essence would be the ones of my liking if money weren't the object.  If you get a set, let me know what you think!

Neil
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline Toimaker

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:23 PM »
I was looking at their new speakers, the Omens.  Price is right and they look pretty sweet.  I may have to take a road trip to New York to listen to them because I think their is a dealer there.