Author Topic: Live Music (Part 2)  (Read 8213 times)

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Live Music (Part 2)
« on: November 05, 2010, 12:58:34 AM »
Hello again folks,

We spend so much time talking about equipment and recordings, I wonder why we have not discussed favorite/disappointing/surprising concerts that we attended.  :o I have seen so many it is hard to remember them all, but a few stick out in my mind.  Maybe some of you saw some of these tours.

Faves:                                                                                                     Dogs:

Jefferson Starship (winterland, sf, ca 1975) Red Octopus                                  I Like most live shows Shows                                                                
John Bassette on Hessler St Cleveland (1972-3)                                              Getting to late for bad memories.
Ramones Basement of the syria mosque
Los Lobos South park                                                                            Surprises:
Bowie diamond dogs tour 1976 Syria mosque                                                 Village people 1979 w/Sister Sledge
Metallic/GNR  Three Rivers  (80's)                                                              Bette Midler 90's
Peter Gabriel  Civic Arena (NOT THE IGLOO)  (80's)
Little Feat  Point State Park  2000's
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Too many to remember them all, and I was not always in the greatest shape.  But I will always remember seeing Roy Buchannon at the Stanley Theater and Sonny Terry and Brownie Mcgee in New london, ct and Johnny Winters with Muddy Waters in Storrs.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 01:01:56 AM by confused »
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: Live Music (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 07:21:10 AM »
Favorite kick ass concerts attended...Black Sabbath Volumn 4 tour 1973 or 4...Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies...1973 or 4...Mother's Finest Another Mother Further tour...Buckcherry Time Bomb live...Blackfoot live at Cowboys bar... David Lee Roth live...Van Halen last tour kickoff 1'st concert in Charlotte...Ok...Stones Voodoo Lounge Tour just to name a few...biggest dissapointments...Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick tour 1970's, older version of Milli Vanilli ...that's it...hell...I even enjoyed taking Tammy to a Barry Manilow concert.   :o
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:24:45 AM by Kingman »
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
I just saw the Eagle and they sounded great.
The Tragically Hip put on an awesome show.
Richard Thompson is super entertaining and amazing on guitar. He plays on one guitar what you all along thought was 2 on the cd.
Stone Temple Pilots Rock!
Cheap Trick was a let down.
Live was Awful!!!!!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
Kingman,

I forgot my Tull concert in New Haven (77-8?)!  Worst show I ever saw, Ian Anderson was sick and the show lasted 30 minutes.
It was so bad they offered a discount on the next show, which I could not attend as I was going out to sea.  I was very disappointed as Tull was a fave till then.

Still have not gotten over this show  :'( .
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:35 AM »
I still like Tull "Aqua lung"...but live...big disapointment! They had some other good songs also. Seen alot of concerts over my years. I'll post more later...
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

bmwr75

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:32 PM »
Best one was the last one....Roger Waters - The Wall at Consol Energy Center.  An amazing show!!

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
All of the jazz performances at Manchester Craftsman's Guild.
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

SunnyDaze

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 02:42:08 PM »
#1) Rage Against the Machine - Blossom Music Center - 1997
#2) Genesis - The Igloo - 2007 - Front row
#3) David Bowie - The Benedum - 2003
#4) Wu Tang w/ODB - Starlake - 1997
#5) Pearl Jam - Starlake - 1995
#6) Chicago and Earth, Wind, and Fire - IC Light - 2004
#7) Eric Clapton - The Igloo - 1994

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 08:41:21 PM »
Some other memorable concerts:

Heart/Dave Mason (who sucked) 1977, Week after Elvis died , should of bought a tshirt fot the concert thanever happend Long Island Coliseum
The Who  3 Rivers 80's  Same tour that killed 3 people in Cincy and stadium seating
Graffittis shows/ all of them/ examples Lenny Kravitz, Joe Walsh, Timbuck 3, Sun Ra, David Bromberg, Robin Trower, The PGH rock Challenges of the 80's,

Maria Muldauer at Boyce Park, jazz softball games Boyce Park (80's)
Starlake-Billy Joel (Grand opening Laser show/fireworks), Aerosmith, B-52s & Ziggy Marley, Sevearl Blues Festivals
Keb Mo in that bar across the Hlton Bridge
BOC Godzilla tour New Haven Coliseum
Dylan & the Rollin Thunder Review Salt Lake City
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
I'll be at the Ben Folds show tonight. I'll give it a yay or nay afterward.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »
COOL!  Checked them out earlier on a live show on WYEP.  Let us know how they were.
Dale

-Still Smoking!-

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 09:25:25 AM »
The venue was TERRIBLE!! We left after 5 songs. Never see a band at club zoo.