Author Topic: The new Audiogon......has their listing volume suffered?  (Read 3964 times)

bmwr75

The new Audiogon......has their listing volume suffered?
« on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
I personally hate the new Audiogon site.   The functionality compared to the old site is terrible.  I used to easily search for what was listed for sale in the 15XXX zip code.  Can't see any way to do that now.  I go so long now between visiting there can't even remember my login/password. 

I used to search for "Rogue" as in Rogue Audio routinely and would get 20-30 hits.  Just did the same search and <10 items came back.   You guys think the new site has hurt their listing volume?

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: The new Audiogon......has their listing volume suffered?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »
I was thinking the same thing today.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
I think so,  The functionality has improved (slowly) over the past couple of months.  It has a way to go.
Carl

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:52:59 PM »
Audiogon is the classic example of don't fix it if it ain't broke....
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline treos33

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »
Audiogon is the classic example of don't fix it if it ain't broke....

I have to disagree, I think it is a a perfect example of turning bad into worse. Their site UI was never anything to be proud of so i guess it was kinda "broke."
Desk:
ObjectiveDAC, Technics SL-1500 w/ Grado Black Cart -> NAD 1000 pre -> Emotiva Airmotiv 4
Bedroom:
Creek 4330R -> DefTech StudioMonitor 450
Home Theater:
Onkyo TX-NR809, Rotel RB-981 -> Boston Acoustics VR-40, VR-12 Center, Soundware surrounds, Velodyne VRP-1200

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »
It use to be the best and easiest site to use. Now, it's a complete custerfu(k. I use to hit it multiple times a day, have bought and sold a lot of gear there over the years. Since they messed it up, I rarely visit and will not buy or sell anything there. Not sure how many folks know this, but the guy that started Audiogon was kicked out of his own company by the morons running it now. Screw them!
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »
Not sure how many folks know this, but the guy that started Audiogon was kicked out of his own company by the morons running it now. Screw them!

That sounds familiar!  >:D Bob? Anyway, what's a good alternative? We all know epay sucks...
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:52 AM »
This site offers a glimpse at what's been going on at Audiogon. You can see in the graph (lower right) that as soon as they changed the site the visits dropped like a lead weight. The drop was 70%!!!
Towards the end of January it climbed back up, but has been declining ever since.

http://www.quantcast.com/audiogon.com

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
My experience suggests Craig's List is filling at least some of the gap.  Lately I am moving more stuff out of town (DC, Atlanta, Cleveland), shipped, than locally.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

bmwr75

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »
It use to be the best and easiest site to use. Now, it's a complete custerfu(k. I use to hit it multiple times a day, have bought and sold a lot of gear there over the years. Since they messed it up, I rarely visit and will not buy or sell anything there. Not sure how many folks know this, but the guy that started Audiogon was kicked out of his own company by the morons running it now. Screw them!

F1nut......it brought a smile to my face to see you and I agree on something.  Very sincerely Thanks!!!!

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »
F1nut......it brought a smile to my face to see you and I agree on something.  Very sincerely Thanks!!!!

I think we should mark this day on our calendars.  8)

Offline tube_dan

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:26 PM »
As little as I've been on it over the years, even I can see it now contains way more suck.   :D