Author Topic: Tuesday Night Listening Session  (Read 2203 times)

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
Tuesday Night Listening Session
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:43:49 PM »

Last night, I had the pleasure of hosting a all-too-brief listening session with fellow forum member, Carl S.   Though it started off with Carl getting an overly-excited greeting from our dog, Nellie, who was with my wife on the back deck (but not leashed for some inexcusable reason ...sorry again Carl!), we played a few LP sides, including the RSD live Neil Young "Tonight's the Night at the Roxy" . Have to do it more often.
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Tuesday Night Listening Session
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 11:33:29 PM »
I've not hosted Carl (I'm fairly sure his head would explode were he to ever walk into my "listening room") but I have had the pleasure of having several listening sessions at his place.   It's pretty close to an ideal way to spend an afternoon.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 07:18:30 AM »
Well, truthfully, it did provide extra motivation to do a little more 'organizing' of the space, most of which was just boxing up a few stacks of records and shoving them into the closet.  But every little bit helps.....
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 10:42:35 PM »
I had a terrific time at Mike’s place.  I was really impressed by the Heath Bothers Marchin On.  Their music really shined on the Cantons.  Mike made me feel at home.  I was almost dinner for the dog as Mike noted.  I am coming back soon!  Thanks for hosting me.
Carl