Author Topic: The Nite tripper is gone  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: The Nite tripper is gone
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »
Truly sad... Have been a long time fan. It has been a while since I saw him last.  Saw him at the New Orleans Jazz Fest 1989 playing with Rita Coolidge, Jimmy Buffet and Carlos Santana .... in an unforgettable jam session at the end!

a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 09:24:11 PM »
It occurs to me that as a boy growing up in rural central PA, where we only had a couple radio stations which were very safe in their song selection, that Dr John and Leon Redbone may have been the first two artists who helped me to realize that there is life beyond the top 40.   Now they've both gone in the same week.   I know my world wouldn't have been the same without them.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 10:09:32 PM »
Currently spinning "I Been Hoodood", an Edsel release I bought at Jim's way back.  Longtime fan of Mac.  Caught him live at a venue in Oakland maybe 20 years ago, made a tape even but can't recall name of the venue, think it was on the second floor of a building on Forbes.   

It was great seeing his appearances on the series "Treme."

He WAS qualified.
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers