Author Topic: HDTV & sports...  (Read 2793 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
HDTV & sports...
« on: December 16, 2019, 04:08:41 PM »
I have an HDTV antenna & HDTV, & NOTHING else, no cable...  Is there anyway I can watch the Pens games via the HDTV antenna?  I know xfinity caries the ATTSN & NBCSN which carry the games...

I am on a limited budget...

Thanks for reading...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: HDTV & sports...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »
George,  I don't think the channels you referenced are available over the air, which is the only way to get anything with your antenna.  I am not acquainted with all of the streaming services and don't know what they offer, except that they are not free.  If you have broadband maybe online; or, a local pub.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 07:23:19 PM »
George-your question got me thinking.  After a bit of research, here is what I found:

Unfortunately, The Pittsburgh Penguins games are unavailable to stream on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh using a Live TV Streaming Service.

Some customers have signed-up for NHL.TV, the league
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 12:04:50 AM »
If you have a streaming device with a browser you can use services like Reddit live stream or 720 stream, but be aware that they are of dubious legality.   They are kind of modern video versions of Napster.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 12:07:05 AM »
There is one called NHLStream.tv which being so named one could probably convincingly claim ignorance if it ever became an issue.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »
Fairly certain there is no 'legit' way to watch without cable or the NHL package. It's evil, but not as evil as the pay per view games back in the 90's.

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »
That's kinda what I figured, but thanks to all to provided informative input!!! 

If any of you have "extra" money for Christmas, feel free to set up a "go fund me" page...  ;)  I can give you all my relevant info!

Hope some of you get some nice Christmas presents...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...