Author Topic: Bending sheet metal  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Vpgh

• Double Secret Probation!
Bending sheet metal
« on: December 28, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »
Looking for suggestions:
I need to make one small metal box 7x5x1.25" using 22-18 gauge steel with 3pcs 1in holes. Does anyone knows small metal fabrication shop or person who can help me with this project?

i'll be greatly appreciated.
Vince

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

Offline Vpgh

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Bending sheet metal
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 10:04:40 AM »
I can't think of a shop that does one offs. The only metal work I do is whatever gets locked in the vise and smashed with a hammer type stuff. There are a couple community based workshops around the area. https://hackpgh.org is one and theres another in Wilkinsburg, sorry can't recall the name. Anyway, these places usually have people who want to learn, help, etc. Might be an option.

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:24 PM »
I can't think of a shop that does one offs. The only metal work I do is whatever gets locked in the vise and smashed with a hammer type stuff. There are a couple community based workshops around the area. https://hackpgh.org is one and theres another in Wilkinsburg, sorry can't recall the name. Anyway, these places usually have people who want to learn, help, etc. Might be an option.
Thank you! It might works.

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 02:44:17 PM »
I would like to share my very positive experience with Hennemuth Metal Fabricators - local company that made for me couple pieces according to my sketches. The parts were made accurate, fast and, what's important - an affordable prices. Special thanks to Brett - company's foreman. 

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
Awesome info.   Thanks for sharing.